Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Beam Me Up!

Wow! Second Life Wow! What a neat way to navigate especially in Dan Power's virtual world. My eyes are still a popping at all that awaits out there and I mean "out there" in the technology world. What a fun filled day with and in the use of emerging technologies. It takes a mind change though, a BIG change in my thinking on the use of my computer. The possibilities are endless given a purpose in business and in education. If asked for only one comment, it is that everyone should be required to take a class like this. My appreciation level is flying higher than ever for those in this field. I loved the business and education connections that we experienced today. This is the way it should be and can be with the intertwining of all of our worlds. Virtual worlds, experience it.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Karen ~ I agree with your thought about more folks being required to take this class or something similiar. I would just love it if everybody that I work with could expereince 1st hand everything that is 'out there' and all the wonderful uses and potential we can do with this technology. In my opinion this class should be repeated every year of this Cohort offerings just due to the speed of change and new technlogies. I want to stay on top of it all but I just don't think it is possible.